I am relocating in 2 months to a city 400 miles away. Most apartments I’ve seen need your income to be 3X the monthly rent. Will the landlords have use of my income here to request towards an unit there? I’m anticipating to apply/secure an unit inside of a month, so it’s all ready when we move the things up.

I am removing tied together and relocating there the week of the wedding, and chances have been conjunction my fiance nor I will have jobs lined up there until after the honeymoon (2 weeks later). I am starting grad propagandize and will have tyro loans to assistance pay, but not until 4 months later. We have sufficient in assets to have it, but I’m only extraordinary if the let association will let us move in.

{ 3 comments… read them below or add one }

VanessaFas April 23, 2010 at 2:39 pm

I had to do this once, and it was a combination of lying and proof. You can either bring a paycheck stub and a letter from your current employer, or fax it to them NOW, or you can have someone cosign for you, like guarantors.

You may not be able to get any apartment. Situations like this are hard, and seem unfair. The less you tell the rental office, the better. Don’t mention the fiancee, always say HE or MY HUSBAND. Never mention the wedding or the honeymoon, it shows that you’re spending money you don’t have, and they’re looking for financial security.

dusty_titus April 23, 2010 at 3:07 pm

You may have to provide pay stubs and a current bank statement in order to rent in a new area. Don’t tell them you don’t have a job – you can fib and say your company is transferring you – and they’ll probably go for it. As long as your credit rating is good, you shouldn’t have too much difficulty.

Janet P April 23, 2010 at 3:37 pm

They do not care about past income, The income that counts is what you earn there, the money you will have to pay rent. It sounds like you will not have any, so you will not be renting.

Previous post:

Next post: