Is the Stafford Loan and Federal Aid the usually Guarenteed loans a tyro can validate for? Are their any alternative Federal loan programs out there?


tinkrbellspike March 22, 2014 at 5:16 am

There are pell grants as well.

carolus March 22, 2014 at 5:31 am

we think if parents stop extravgant expenses on themselves and think a bit of their dependents less money could be required by loans. What could they do? Stop smoking, drink moderately , do not run after fashions that much etc etc- in brief avoid costly & unnecessary items , at the same time train your kids to try to live simple ( but high thinking !),Agree?

Hard Worker March 22, 2014 at 6:13 am

Student Loan can be sought through many different avenues. It all depends on your personal credit rating. The biggest challenge is finding one that offers the lowest interest rate.There are various routes to explore when seeking out a bad credit student loan and I would suggest that your first port of call would be the school for which you are about to attend. You will need to fill out a FAFSA form in order to initially apply for a federal loan. Perkins loans are combined school and government funds. A combination loan may be another alternative way of acquiring a bad credit student loan. This type of student loan enables you to consolidatestudent loans defer your payment until you have finished college. This in turn will allow you time to improve your credit rating and when you leave college you could then look into consolidating your bad credit student loan at a better interest rate. This will mean your monthly payments will be at a lower level and therefore more affordable.

Sallie Mae March 22, 2014 at 6:30 am

The Stafford loan is by far the most commonly used federal student loan.

For students with exceptional financial need there is also the Perkins loan. The U.S. Department of Education provides a programmed amount of funding to schools. In turn, the school determines which students have the greatest need. The school combines federal funds with some of its own funds for loans to qualifying students.
And for parents of undergrad students there is the Parent PLUS loan, for graduate students the Grad PLUS loan.

For any of these loans you must start by filling out your FAFSA.

Comments on this entry are closed.

Previous post:

Next post: